Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Drive Down Memory Lane....

The drive from Layton to Logan is one that I have made at least a thousand times. I know it like the back of my hand. It is so beautiful, as are the memories that I have made on my drives. Okay lets be real. Not all of them are fond. Those moments would be the 10 times my car broke down in Sardine Canyon. On the bright side, I no longer panic when that happens. Mostly bad words run through my head, but I am working on that...                                          Today,  my drive consisted of me reminiscing my previous years living in Logan.  I remembered all of the fun drives that Meg and I had, belting out "I Want to Break Free" by Queen, Delilah following us everywhere, the funny rap songs we would jam out to, but most importantly the great talks that we had. She truly is one of my best friends. We had SO much fun together.  Man so many memories are running through my brain right now, and all of the bring a smile to my face. We learned a lot together. We grew up together. We helped each other ( well she helped me) in so many ways. I honestly don't know where I would be with out that woman. My fondest memories have her in them.
 Freshman and Sophomore year were truly THE best. Late night Betos runs,  pantie parties, maller baller, Cinnamon challenge, hot springs, movie nights, making s'mores on the stove,  throwing the football, working out at the field house, yoga in our bedroom, chamber of secrets, playing in the canal behind the apartment, yelling DANGER trying to scare each other, watching Law and Order SVU and FRIENDS..... Wikipedia.... (hahahaha) The list goes on and on. None of these experiences would have been the same with out my amazing roommates, Nicole, Sallie and Megan. We didn't go a day with out laughing.  
I think what really made freshman year was the guys we hung out with. I think they came into our lives just when they needed to. We became one of the guys so fast with them! I wouldn't have it any other way. They were my best friends. Oh the  memories of nights with them. Betos at midnight on Sundays were expected.  If I recall right, we were all together every day. Man I miss those guys. 
I am so excited to be able to make more friends and more memories, however I really think that those 2 years will always be the best. There are so many more memories, and I could go into FAR more detail about them, but alas it is far past my bed time, and I still want to watch Private Practice. Its my addiction.... 
Thanks again for reading, I know that this post wont make sense to most, but to some hopefully it will bring back those memories. Goodnight all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment