Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sundays are Still Hard....

   I thought as time went on it would be easier, but this past Sunday was really hard for me. I tried to happy, and I think I put a good face on to the world, but I still really miss my Her. I miss going to her house to see her, I just miss her.  As I sit here with tears making their way down my cheeks, listening to the piano version of Send In the Clowns, the song my brother played at my grandmas funeral, I can only think of all of the sweet memories made with the most amazing woman I have ever met,  my grandma. She is truly my hero, and I miss her with all of my heart. 
  It has been almost 8 weeks since she returned to our Father in heaven. She is now with her family, her husband and her son. What a sweet reunion she must have had with all of them. It's hard to believe how fast time has passed. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her and the smile she always brought to my face. She always had a way of making me happy. 
  I will never forget the memories that I have with her. I can remember raking up leaves in her back yard with her and my mom. oh the memories I have in that yard. I remember it was my birthday and my parents were on Trek, so I was staying with my grandma. That was the day I was going to climb the tree in the back yard all by myself, and that I did. I recall getting to the higher part, and getting really scared. All I wanted was to prove that I was a big kid. I called for her to come help me. She came and expressed how proud she was that I could climb the tree all by myself. She made me feel safe, and I made it down safe and sound. 
   I remember all of the family parties and Sunday gatherings we had in that yard. We played games, laughed, shared stories, and ate delicious treats. I remember doing yard work on memorial day after we visited Grandpa Harold, and Uncle Randy's graves. My family is truly the best, and I have been to blessed to be able to grown up with all of my cousins. I miss seeing them on Sundays.  Every Sunday with out fail, she would always come up to me and ask " Now how did I get so lucky to have all of you?, All of my neighbors are jealous that my family comes over every Sunday!, and I wish Grandpa were here, He would have loved this." . 
   My senior year of high school, I would eat lunch with her, bring by a candy bar, or stop in to say hi. The stories she told me were amazing. She would tell me stories about her meeting my grandpa, the fun dates she would go on, schools, homesteading the mountain, the great depression, and watermelons. She would say " what do you think they will come up with next?" She has lived through the most amazing of inventions. She has seen it all happen. 
  The sweetest moments I have had with here, were in the last year of her life. When she went to live in the rest home, she was so mad at my family. but she loved her grand kids. I was living in Logan at the time, so when ever I would come down I would go visit her. From what I remember, no one could make her smile. except me and kenzie. Everytime I saw her she was upset, or sad, but by the time I left she was laughing, and smiling. Now I am sure everyone could get her to do that, but I like to think that it was just me.    
  As soon as school was out this past semester, and I wasn't working I was home. I wanted to be with her. I watched her slowly drift away, but those memories are by far the sweetest. The spirit that she had with her was so strong. I will never forget sitting at her bed side holding her hand. I will never forget laying by her side combing her hair. I will never forget her hugs that she gave and the kisses on my cheeks. I will never forget the night that I gave her a hug goodnight, and she put her hands on my face, pulled me close  and said thank you. I will never forget her. 
  It  is still hard for me to know that she wont meet my future husband, she wont physically be there at my wedding, She wont be there to see my kids grow, but I know she will spiritually. That is one of the greatest gifts of the gospel.  This woman has left an imprint on my heart and I will never forget her. She really in my hero, and I would be honored to be as strong as she was. I love you Grandma Bobbi! 

No comments:

Post a Comment